Guide to Wheat-Free and Sugar-Free Baking
Wheat-Free Flaxseed Wrap
(Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Sugar-free, Low-carb, Low-calorie & Yummy)
|Prep time||Inactive time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||60 mins||10 mins||75 mins|
Recipe By: Newsha
Serves: 6 wraps
This quick and healthy wheat-free flaxseed wrap recipe proves the healthy food can be inexpensive and tasty. It has only four ingredients, which you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 1 ½ cup golden flaxseed flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water (room temperature)
- ½ tsp. coconut flour per wrap (for rolling)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the flaxseed flour, salt and olive oil.
- Add the water a little at a time until you a light dough forms. Add more water if the dough feels too dry. Let it sit for 1 hour, uncovered, on the counter. Then separate into 6 balls.
- Lightly sprinkle coconut flour over the cutting board. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out in a circle shape with even thickness throughout, then using a round object, cut out the flaxseed warp. Keep extra dough to the side to re-roll into more.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high heat with coconut oil spray. Once hot, place an unbaked flaxseed wrap on the pan, cook until you see a few little spots bubbling up then you can flip it over.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with any healthy filling you desire…Enjoy!
Note: Homemade flaxseed flour is far superior to store bought in both price and quality. To make the freshest golden flaxseed possible, pour flaxseeds into a coffee grinder, food processor or high powered blender such as a Vitamix. Turn it on, and let it go; it may take several minutes to grind the flax seeds completely.
Serving: 1 wrap (43g)
|Traditional Whole Wheat Wrap
|Healthified Flaxseed Wrap||
|10.3 g||1.3 g||0.5 g||