Guide to Wheat-Free and Sugar-Free Baking
Low-Carb Wheat-Free Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
(Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Low-carb, Low-calorie & Yummy)
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||30 mins||35 mins|
Recipe By: Newsha
You might be under the impression banana is considered taboo when it comes to a low carb and sugar-free diet, but not necessarily. A medium banana has about 27g carbs so adding one of these to the banana bread recipe only adds less than 4g carbs per muffin.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup garbanzo bean flour (chickpea flour)
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 medium banana (mashed)
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup sweeteners of your choice (swerve, stevia, erythritol, xylitol, inulin, monkfruit)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or 177°C).
- Grease 18 muffin cups well with olive oil or coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, garbanzo bean flour, flaxseed flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder. Whisk until there are no more lumps in the cocoa powder and the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat eggs and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff.
- Mix the mashed banana, coconut milk, sweetener, apple sauce, banana extract in a medium bowl. Lightly fold the banana mixture into the eggs. Mix them all until creamy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat gently until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 quarter full.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
(Serving: 1 muffin)
Grain-Free Chocolate Banana Bread Muffin