Guide to Wheat-Free and Sugar-Free Baking
Wheat-Free Mini Veggie Pizza
(Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Low-carb, Low-calorie & Yummy)
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|7 mins||30 + 18 mins||55 mins|
Recipe By: Newsha
Here is my original healthified recipe for wheat-free, grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb pizza crust topped with veggies!! The crust tastes just like real pizza, not soggy, not gummy, and it doesn’t require rising. It is better than any regular pizza you will ever taste.
For the crust
- 1 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 2 tbs. golden flaxseed flour
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – low moisture
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 15 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red mini bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion (low in carb), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. pure butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – low moisture
- 1 tsp. organic dried oregano
- Small handful fresh basil, chopped (optional)
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 420°F (or 216°C).
- Spray five 6″ (15,2 cm) round pans, each 3/4″ (1,9 cm) high, well with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend all the crust ingredients until the batter is smooth and mixture thickens slightly (or in a medium size mixing bowl, mix all ingredients and whisk.)
- Pour the batter into prepared pans. Spread the batter evenly, don’t make too thin or too thick, tap the pan on the counter to allow bubbles to come up.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden on the edges and firm throughout. If you think it needs more time or less time to cook adjust the time…ovens vary.
To make the toppings
- While the crusts bake, make the toppings. Add the all the chopped mushrooms to a pan over a medium heat with some salt. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes until they release all their moisture.
- Drain the mushrooms and dry the pan before returning it to a high heat.
- When the pan is very hot, add butter, mushrooms, onion and bell pepper cook, stirring frequently, until they start to soften, for about 1 minute.
To make the pizza
- Reduce oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Remove the pizza crusts from the oven and lightly spray them with olive oil spray.
- Cover the crusts with shredded mozzarella cheese, distribute evenly, and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Finally, sprinkle the top with some more cheese and dried oregano and fresh basil.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- To give your pizza the perfect color on top, preheat the broiler.
- Place it under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cut and serve…Enjoy
(Serving: 1 mini pizza)